Introduction to Using Your Digital SLR Camera // Weekend Workshop with Photographer Kate Nolan // Saturday February 22 & Sunday February 23 // 11:00 - 16:00
This hands-on course will introduce beginners to to digital photography and how to get the most out of their cameras.
On day one you will be introduced to you camera's various settings, semi-manual and manual controls and exposure. We will then go out around BLOCK T to test the settings and functions.
On day two we will be going further in to the creative and compositional aspects to use your camera creatively.
You will be given the chance to shoot in the historic streets around BLOCK T, followed by a review of your work with the course tutor.
- How to work your camera in semi manual and full manual modes
- How to use ISO, shutter speed and aperture to get the correct exposure
- What white balance and metering settings to use in various situations
- File formats (RAW + JPEG) explained
- Overview of focusing, flash, lenses and filters
- Composition: what makes your images interesting and how to achieve creative camera effects.
COURSE FEE: €150
* Equipment needed: DSLR Camera
Kate Nolan is a photographic artist, freelance photographer and educator based in Dublin.